I blogged on rather a negative note yesterday. I was feeling powerless, I think, a lot due to a man in my treatment group who is blatantly mean to me, so I decided to write a little on my rights and how I shouldn’t ignore them- I DO have the power to choose to be treated better. By myself and everyone else. So here we go.
1. I have the right to feel what I feel.
2. I have the right to express my feelings in an appropriate manner.
3. If something or someone makes me feel uncomfortable, I have the right to speak up and/or remove myself from the situation.
4. I have the responsibility to not harm my body in any way whether I feel that I need to punish myself or not.
5. I have the right to feed my body good, tasty food-healthy and sometimes not so healthy.
6. I have the right to dress myself in comfortable clothing that I like, no matter what the size.
7. I deserve to fight for my happiness and joy in life, wherever I can find it.
8. I have the right to be happy.
9. I have the right to dream and to do my best to follow my dreams, no matter how silly they may seem to someone else.
10. I have the right to be free of any sexual, physical, or verbal harassment.
11. I have the responsibility to treat others with respect and to be treated with respect.
Please reblog and add to it with your own rights and responsibilities! If you do, I would love if you would tag it with regainingmydreams so I can see what you have to say :)
Much, much love! <3